Hong Kong is heating up, and the world’s leading coconut water brand, Vita Coco®, has arrived just in time to keep us hydrated all summer. Made from fresh young coconuts that are “picked, cracked, and packed all within 72 hours,” drinking Vita Coco is like sticking a straw in a coconut!
Coconut water is an electrolyte-rich beverage made from young green coconuts harvested at around 5-7 months, just before the water turns to ‘meat.’ A natural thirst quencher, it contains essential healthy and hydrating minerals for Hong Kong babies and grandparents alike! Some of the benefits of drinking coconut water include:
· Those looking to slim down before hitting summer pool parties should switch from sugar-laden sodas and juices to coconut water. It’s not only low in calories, but also naturally free from fat and cholesterol!
· After a basketball game or a long hike on the MacLehose, grab a coconut water to quench your thirst. It contains potassium and other important minerals, which makes it as effective at hydrating the body as sports drinks – without added ingredients you don’t know how to pronounce.
· Fading in the afternoon? Try coconut water! It contains the mineral magnesium, which can give you a refreshing boost whenever you need it.
· Add coconut water to your diet for healthy, glowing skin. It contains elements which have been found to have anti-aging properties.
· Coconut water is known for its ‘cooling’ powers. In the mood for fried chicken or Korean BBQ? No worries! Adding coconut water to your diet can help contribute to a balanced qi.
Vita Coco packages only fresh coconut water, unlike many other brands that produce coconut water from concentrate, which can significantly impact flavour and nutrition. It is a preferred beverage amongst informed consumers, foodies, athletes and celebrities – all of whom swear by the Vita Coco brand for its delicious flavour and functionality.
Vita Coco’s rising popularity has made the brand increasingly synonymous with coconut water worldwide. Originally introduced in New York City, Vita Coco is now sold in 30 countries across the globe, including the UK, most of Europe, China, Japan and now Hong Kong.
Vita Coco ‘Pure’ (unflavoured) coconut water comes in two sizes: 330 ml (HKD15.50) and 1 litre (HKD33). It can be found in retailers around the city such as Just Green, Redwood, Nature’s Village, Organic Plus, select Yata* and soon, PARKnSHOP. Look out for the brand’s signature blue, eco-friendly Tetra Pak cartons – the must-have item for workouts, beach outings and daily refreshment!
*Participating Yata include the Mong Kok, Mikiki, Tai Po, Kwun Tong, Tuen Mun, Shatin and Tseun Wan locations
About Vita Coco®
Vita Coco® is a leading coconut water beverage brand, celebrated for its delicious, electrolyte-rich, low-calorie hydration. Informed consumers, health & wellness experts, pro-athletes and celebrities have all become loyal fans of coconut water, swearing by the Vita Coco brand for its authentic flavour and hydration and replenishment properties. Originally introduced in New York City in 2004, today Vita Coco is available in 30 countries and is one of the most popular natural beverages in the world.
Vita Coco was founded by Michael Kirban and Ira Liran, long-time friends who stumbled upon the idea of creating a coconut water brand after meeting two Brazilian women in a New York City bar in 2003. When asked what they missed most about Brazil, both women said “agua de coco,” or “coconut water.” Shortly thereafter, Liran moved to Brazil and married one of the women. Kirban visited Liran just a few months later and on a beach in Buzios, the idea of Vita Coco was born, bringing a Brazilian beverage staple to U.S. consumers at the start of the healthier foods trends in 2004.
Vita Coco® Products
Vita Coco® coconut water is available in the classic Pure flavour, in two different sizes:
RSP – 330ml – HKD15.50
RSP – 1L – HKD33
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :